Skip to main content

How can you challenge the accuracy of radar equipment in Montana?

Billings, MT |

Pulled over for speeding, don't think I was going as fast as the officer said I was clocked at.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You would have to plead not guilty; conduct discovery; interview witnesses; and determine if calibration rules were followed. Or, you could hire your own expert to research the matter, which is very expensive.

This is not meant to be legal advice but only a general response to a general question. Legal advice requires more attention to details and circumstances to be accurate and reliable. Do not rely on this response as legal advice. If you want legal advice about your matter, you must set up a consultation with this attorney by calling (406)756-911.


Calibration rules not being followed, hiring an expert, getting the right attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.


This requires the experience of a good criminal defense attorney. We know what is needed and what the police are required to do. Unfortunately, that is what you are paying for when you invest the money into private criminal defense.

licensed attorney in Montana. Your specific state laws may be different.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer