Skip to main content

How can we evict a non leased tenant from our property in NV, she has been there for 8 years, but now has behavioral problems.

Las Vegas, NV |

She has been renting a garage conversion in our home since 2004. No lease has ever been signed, we have an oral agreement for monthly rent, which includes water, electric, gas, cable, phone, full use of the yard, and laundry service. This person has been a friend of the family for almost 15 years. She is under social security disability, with physical and mental issues. She recently started talking to a guy who according to her is a drug addict, and has taken money from her from what she has told us of approximately $200 dollars. We do not want and are not willing to have these kinds of people on our property. We don't know them, and don't know what harm they can bring to our family. Telling her our concern, she threw a fit. Now we don't want her on our property any more either.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


She would be a month-to-month tenant. You need to give her one month notice for eviction. But I should caution you there is specialized procedure to evict mentally challenged people and older people. I suggest talk to a local attorney for more help.

Only see a licensed attorney before you make any decision. This answer may not be perfect in any given situation. However, more fact may be required by your local attorney. If you are in Las Vegas, you are welcome to send your questions regarding Chapter 7, or 13 to Attorney Malik Ahmad at or or by calling (702) 270-9100. In many cases, we do not charge initial consultation fee.