Skip to main content

How can we better enforce stalking laws when the police will not help a person who is being stalked?

Amarillo, TX |

A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend Ed 3 months ago for the 3rd time. He has been calling her and harrassing her. Showed up at her house and threatened her. Left harrassing phone calls on her voice mail. The officer that came out on her call said it was a lovers tiff and he wasnt wasting his time, I had to call the local chief of detectives to file a complaint before anything was done. why is this so common for the police to disregard a woman who has no use of one of her arms, when a man is threatening her?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is not common at all in Harris County, Houston, Texas. If the police are called out to a disagreement, someone is going to jail.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer