Skip to main content

How can someone get proof that they assisted DUI classes about 27 years ago ?

Alhambra, CA |

My dad is applying for the u - visa and he needs to show proof that he had DUI classes .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Unless he kept copies it is very unlikely that anyone has retained proof over 27 years ago. I think you will have to consult with his attorney and find another way to make this happen.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


One possibility may be to go into the Court archives and check if they have any record of it. Court may or may not have the docs on archive because its so long ago, but normally the Court would require proof of enrollment and completion in the program. Try going to the courthouse to see if they still have those records, and if they do, making copies of them.

Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.


You may need an attorney to go down and find the case record. There should be a proof of completion in there.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.


If your father attended DUI classes, completed a program, and submitted that proof to the court, it is possible that they kept proof in his file. It may be a good idea to get an attorney in your area to see if they can dig up the file from archives and see if there is proof. Or, if he is in contact with his attorney who handled the case, that may be a good place to start.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.