Skip to main content

How can my son get a subpoena without an attorney, how long does it take and how does he file it with the judge?

Lakeland, FL |

My son has divorce trial Tues. & we have exhausted all funds, his attorney has withdrawn. He hasn't seen his kids since last May.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Subpoena
Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Nothing like waiting until last minute! Why isn't your son asking this question? Fill out subpoena and have clerk of court issue it. Rules of procedure require you notify opposition of issuance of subpoena.

This answer was provided as a courtesy to you and no attempt was made to establish any type of attorney/client relationship.

Robert M Chambers

Robert M Chambers


Thanks for the compliment. I like to pass these on because l think they apply to all of the lawyers who give of their time and expertise to answer these AVVO questions. Best wishes.


Monday is going to be a busy day! Other counsel has advised of the answer. That is the best option.


Mr. Chambers has given you the correct answer but I think you are wasting your time. How are you even going to get it served in time for a trial?

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


I agree with the panel. Why your son is not involved it is what is puzzling me. It's his life. Anyways, you won't serve subpoena's in time. If the attorney has withdrawn, haven't you been provided with a period of time to find new counsel and/or get ready for trial? I'd file a motion for a continuance based on my fragile understanding of what is going on in your son's case. But you'd better have a reason for waiting this long. Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.