Skip to main content

How can my daughter tranfer her probation from ithaca ny to chula vista ca. first offense.

Ithaca, NY |

My daughter has been charge for the first time as a felon. I her mom wants to relocate to chula vista CA. My daughter wants to go back to college. Never been in trouble and is not trying to get into trouble again. i have gotten letters from teachers, coaches, and my housing management on her character. I reissue my section 8 because of this incident. My daughter just made 1 stupid mistake being around a group of kids. She now no it was wrong. She was also diagnosed with schizophrenia. Ithaca is not a place i want to live anymore. It's time to leave. And i want my daughter to leave with me. She is a very good young women. very book smart. please help me in anyway. Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Talk to her criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Speak with her attorney and express your concerns.


The judge could allow the move but your lawyer would need the approval of the probation officer in most cases and a good reason for the change as they want to control the probation and be able to punish a violation and not lose jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer