Skip to main content

How can i work in the US? Can i family member sponser me or do i have to seek employment. How do most pople acquire h1-B visa

Meriden, CT |

I am presently living in a British Overseas Territory. I have live in the US for five years as a student and i have acquired a BA and MSA in Aviation from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. I am dersious of living in the US and would like to know what options i have in making this avenue possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You may have a variety of options available to you. A relative may be able to sponsor you or, if you find employment in a Specialty Occupation (a position that requires at least a bachelor degree in a specific field) related to your area of study, your US employer could submit an H-1B petition on your behalf. There are still roughly 20,000 cap-subject H-1B numbers available for a start date on or after October 1, 2009. Without more specific details regarding your family connections and job opportunities in the US, it is hard to offer concrete advice. You should consult with a qualified US immigration attorney to explore the options that may be available to you.