Skip to main content

How can I undo a power of attorney and guardianship that was done without my knowledge?

North Carolina |

How can I undo a power of attorney and guardianship that was done without my knowledge when a relative took me to the hospital and I had to stay a few days because of depression?
How can I get rid of this abuse and fraud because they want control over me as I am about to receive an inheritance ?

I am being threatened that I will be committed whenever they please. How can I fight this abuse and fraud? I am doing well and managing my own life very well.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The simplest way to undo such a power of attorney and guardianship to deliver a signed writing which revokes the previously given power of attorney. I highly suggest you consult a local lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that neither the power of attorney and guardianship are misused (as it sounds this is a real possibility).


The grantor may revoke the power of attorney by telling the attorney-in-fact it is revoked.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer