Skip to main content

How can I take my son's father off of child support?

Orlando, FL |

I just filled out child support today but I changed my mind. I don't want him to pay anything or have rights to my son.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Having child support ordered won't give him any father's rights to your son. If you filed a petition in family court, you can file a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal. If you filed through the Department of Revenue and you don't receive government services like welfare or food stamps, you can ask them not to pursue your case. If you receive government services, you cannot stop DOR from collecting support for you.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer