Skip to main content

How can I sue for false imprisonment, defamation ,and being unjustly committed to a State hospital

Dallas, TX |

I showed up to court and surrenderd my birth Certificate and was arrested. 10 days later may attorney waived my right to appear at a competency hearing and 90 days later I was sent to a state hospital. I stayed 2 month there on a 46b and stayed 1 month extra in county. I have no mental illness nor do I take psych meds. the doctors told me that I didn't belong there. I believe this act is a violation of the Texas health and safety code

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You should check with local counsel to see whether it makes sense to pursue a claim. AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer:


A lot more information is necessary. You should consult with a local experienced personal injury attorney to determine if you have a viable claim.


I cannot tell you if you have a viable claim -- what I can say is that you need to sit down with a personal injury attorney to discuss your rights and remedies PRONTO!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


More info needed. Have a local Dallas lawyer investigate


Your question sounds simple, but the answer is very complex. No one on this or any other website can tell you everything, or even most of the things, you need to know in order to file a lawsuit. Lawyers study and work for years to learn this. Please do yourself a favor and contact a Dallas personal injury plaintiffs' lawyer right away. Follow the link below to a helpful website.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer