Signed lease for 6 mths only. Here's the situation:-
1. Offer to Rent/Reservation form clearly says "lease term for 6 mths. Scheduled move-in Dt: 08/02/12
2. Residential Lease / Rental Agreement dt 08/02/12, it reads Commencement dt: 08/02/12 and Termination Dt: 02/28/13
3. One clause on lease agreement: Assignment, Subletting and transfer by resident: Your interest in the residence & this agreement may not be assigned, sublet or otherwise transferred. Any assignment, subletting, transfer will be void.
I signed the lease for 6 months only but because of my negligence I didn't pay attention to the termination date that made the lease effective for 7 months.
1. May I have the right to end the lease in 6 mnths & not 7 mnths?
2. Any way out to transfer my lease to 3rd party?