Skip to main content

How can I stop the deportation process?

Austin, TX |

my boyfriend has a felony case pending, and while out on bond he was convicted of a class b misdemeanor. The INS has placed a hold on his bond so an immigration lawyer cannot bail him out. His immigration bond is too expensive to pay right there a way to stop the deportation process while we get the money?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Try the Immigration Clinic at St Mary's University - School of Law.

Clinic Referral Line: 210-431-2596


A bondsman is someone to consider.



I agree with Attorney Lackey. Also you can contact the TX bar or the County Bar association for a list of qualified attorneys who may provide pro bono assisatnce. Another choice may be the local Federal court who often has a list ot immigrationa ttorney who provide assisatnce to low income or indigent clients.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.