How can I stop someone from posting legal and deformatory statements about my family

Dillon, SC |

My ex wife is posting financial information and information regarding the paternity of my wifes daughter on facebook. This is information that she saw and heard from a family court hearing.

YOu are talking about 1st amendment rights. That is difficult. You also provide no information to support your claim that her statements are defamatory. That would mean that the statements 1) are false and 2) are damaging.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Paul Dezso de Holczer

Paul Dezso de Holczer

In South Carolina, even if the information is true, a person may be able to bring an action for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (Outrage) or Invasion of Privacy. The person asking this question should consult an attorney and, if the questioner is not sure which attorney to call, the questioner can contact the South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service. The South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service is a free resource which may be able to help you find an attorney to assist you. The service is offered by telephone and online. The telephone service operates from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. To access the service via telephone, please call (800) 868-2284. To access the service online, please go to the web page at “http://www.scbar.org/public/lrs/default.asp”.

If they statements are true, they cannot be defamatory. There is no way to suppress that.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Paul Dezso de Holczer

Paul Dezso de Holczer