Skip to main content

How can I stop my ex not to bring his girlfriend around are son. She has harassed me for years and is crazy

Brick, NJ |

My ex got thrown out his mothers and now lives with his so called friend who when my ex and I were together harassed me and she still does she interferes and lies so he won't speak to me.. My ex wants my son sleeping there and wants her to be around are son.. I am scared she has so much hate for me I don't want her around my son.. How can I stop this . Plus he at her house temporary and its not good for him to be around this. Please help me . My ex has been known not to come around and see our son because of her or when she is in his life.. They have a relationship that's its on and off on and off again..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You would need to file a motion and convince a judge that contact with her is not in your child's best interest. I do not see you succeeding on the facts you present. Consult with an attorney to review your specific facts.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


As Ms. Navarette mentions, these type of cases are very fact specific. The age of your son is something that would be taken into account. Whether there have been allegations of domestic violence, issues of drug use or other concerns, these are all factors that a judge would want to know. You will definitely need to consult with an attorney to make sure your arguments can convince a judge as to what is in your son's "best interests."

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.


I agree with my colleagues. You should retain an attorney immediately.

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.