Skip to main content

How can I stop a Relative from slandering me ?

Hays, KS |

My Sister has contacted Several of my Friends on Social Networks. I am gearing up to start a Music Career, and my Sister's efforts have managed to cause some of them to unfriend or Block me. Although right at this time, the damage it may cause won't affect my immediate goals. I can tell that, with me being this close to kicking off my "Creating A Buzz"~(a tactic used to get people talking about my, soon-to-be introduction), finds me concerned about these recent actions on her part, continuing any further. My bigger concern at this time, is about more Mud-Slinging, down my Road. I just want her to stop these envious actions! Can you help me with this? I sure would like to have some sort of guidance here, if possible? Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you Soon.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Spend a fistful of dollars and consult with a local defamation lawyer in private.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Have a local lawyer send a cease and desist letter.


Do not elevate a family dispute to a defamation case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer