Skip to main content

How can i speed up back child support collection (back child support)from FLSDU

Ocala, FL |

how can i speed up back child support collection ( not even including the current arrears)from FLSDU. absent parent, non custodial..hasnt seen or clled in 2.5 yrs.. hasnt paid anything in alomost 1 yr. almost 6000 can i quickly collect any of the 4500 back support court ordered in lieu of jail, not even including the arrears.. has avoided jail 2x before, ouit on bond 1x and now a year and waititng for next step....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It sounds like you have the services of the Florida Department of Revenue. The easy answer is to go into their office and request a contempt hearing as well as that they file a motion to increase payment on arrearages. If you have had their services for years and not gotten very far, you may want to hire a private family law attorney work your child support case.

Family law rules differ significantly in every state, especially procedural rules. Always seek the advice of an attorney in the state where your divorce was filed.


He probably did not get arrested because he did not have the current ability to pay. If the AGs office is too slow (they have a large case load), you can hire a private attorney. They can't take anything he does not have! Remember that

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer