Skip to main content

How can I retrieve property of mine that the police are holding in custody for evidence?

Van Nuys, CA |

I received a call 1 month after my computer was stolen from a woman who found it. She turned it into evidence and now the detective handling the case wont release it back to me until she is "finished investigating." She said it could take a few months. Is there any way I can expedite the process to retrieve it before then? I would even hire legal help if necessary.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Technically yes but in reality it probably won't happen if they legitimately state there is suspicion it was used in a crime.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456



So how can I expedite the process? The computer itself was not used in a crime, but it adds to the case because apparently it was one of many stolen by the same person.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer