Skip to main content

How can i repossess 6 horse that has impounded for no legal reason. Impounded by animal shelter not seized.

Los Angeles, CA |

while someone was at the ranch the animal shelter impounded 6 horses for trespassing. A court agreement was done allowing the horses to be on the property. The land lord called the shelter and told them to get them off the property against the court agreement. a so called non profit horse rescue assisted in getting the horses out, the fees were reduced from 325 to 25 per horse this and transporting the horses 400.00 total was paid by owner a verbal agreement was made with the horse rescuer that the horses were to be signed back over to the owner when same acquired a suitable location for the 6 horses. the owner brought to the rescuer 6 blankets, halters and 5 bails of hay 100 lbs of grain feed for the horses the rescuer put the horse up for sale and locked out the owners after 5 days

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Work within the court process. Do not use self help. Hire counsel and advocate your position.


You need to hire an attorney. There are complicated legal actions that can be brought to legally force the return of property that has been wrongfully taken (called replevin) You need to act quickly.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


You need a lawyer - this is not a self-help situation. Your state and local bar associations can give you a referral.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.