Skip to main content

How can I report credit card fraud?

Miami, FL |

Three members of my family have recently found open accounts with outstanding balances on their credit reports that they never opened. They believe these accounts were opened by an ex-husband of someone in my family who was caught doing this to other people. How can they disassociate their names to these accounts and report fraud?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Start by notifying the three credit bureaus at once. Then you should have your family members call the police and report the identity theft.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.


Review the information from the Federal Trade Commission at the link attached below about how to avoid & report credit card fraud. Good luck.

Susan Gregory Liammari, Esq.
Florida Elder Law Attorney & Advocate

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer