Skip to main content

How can I prove someone is abusing prescription drugs

Haverhill, MA |

My boyfriend is trying to get custody of his kids with the mother has bipolar and we believe she is not taking her medicine the right way.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can voice your concern to the Mother's prescribing physician, if you know who that is. If the physician chooses to pursue it, he can request drug testing be performed which will assess the amount of drug in her body and compare that to the ordered dosage and quantity. This will determine if she is taking the medication as prescribed. The physician must maintain patient confidentiality and will not disclose this information with you.

You may also voice your concern to the court and if the court sees to do so, may order mandatory drug testing as well.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer