Skip to main content

How can i prove my wife is crazy

Estherville, IA |

my wife has been to 3 mental intitutions since i met her 7 years ago ive been been married to her a year and want out i have two children with her and want custody of them but she has an ofp on me how hard will it be

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You seem to have a lot of questions, and they are all related. No one here is going to be able to give you anything but general advice, and likely that advice would be to consult a local family law attorney. There are always two sides to every story. The judge would look at various factors in deciding the distribution of property and custody arrangements.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.


You cannot find the answers to all of your questions here. Based on your questions, it is clear that your case is complicates - mental health issues and property division. Given that you should speak to an attorney in your area In order to gain the best advice.


I am sorry that things have been difficult for you. If you feel that your spouse is mentally ill you can assemble her medical records (where appropriate) and other evidence that shows her mental state. This is usually best done by an experienced attorney for several reasons, the introduction of medical/mental status evidence is difficult and sometimes inadmissable, and you are very close to this case which will make it extremely hard for you to be objective. I hope things work out for you and I wish you and your children all the best. take good care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer