Skip to main content

How can I protect myself from false Elder Abuse Charges from persons unknown?

San Leandro, CA |

Mom rolled out of bed Tuesday of last week. I assessed her condition before picking her up. I didn't think anything was broken and got her back up on the bed. I re-evaluated her condition and she stated both hips hurt. She got up to go into the bathroom on her own and was walking as normal. But, to be safe, I took her to the hospital in my car. During the care at the hospital, the nurse found mom had a rash on her groin area and the Nurse took pictures of it. I later saw the Police out in the hallway and they kept looking in at me. Mom had not broken anything and then doctor gave me a powder for her rash.
Yesterday I received a visit from Adult Protective Services and discovered there was a charge of Elder Abuse made.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You hire an attorney. Period!

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


Hire a criminal defense attorney, most likely. These sound like false charges but you have to address them.



Get a Criminal lawyers and make no statements even if you want to. This is real life and not TV. Do not make any more statements to police or investigators. Do not post any more comments on this forum. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Auto Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Manuel Juarez. Esq., is licensed only in California. He practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, Manuel A. Juarez es licenciado solo en California.


By simply hiring a lawyer.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.