Skip to main content

How can I oppose post judgement interrogatories when I am already liquidating asset to satisfy a judgement?

Albany, NY |

I have a judgement entered against me and I am currently liquidating asset to satisfy it. But the opposing counsel is forcing discovery / interrogatories on me. How can I oppose?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can't. The creditor is entitled to the discovery unless you pay off the judgment in full.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.



IS he allowed to ask for whatever time period he wants?


You can't oppose.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer