Skip to main content

How can I open a bank account for an LLC ? I'm on my H4 visa . And what taxes will the LLC attract ?

Minneapolis, MN |

I want to open an LLC but I will not be employed by it . I want a working bank account in the name of the LLC . I'm on my H4 visa . Is it legal ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you just want to establish a limited liability company, you are allowed to do so. However, you are not allowed to work for that LLC unless you get a proper employment authorization from USCIS.

Please mark helpful or select as the best answer if my response was helpful. It encourages me and other lawyers to answer your questions.


I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


You are not allowed to work in the US, whether that work is paid or unpaid.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.