Skip to main content

How can i obtain a work permit to work in the US?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I have degrees in the Hospitality feild. How do i obtain status to work or even get a job

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is a hard field for getting visas. Talk to an attorney ... if you don't have a BA ... you should consider going to school.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law -

Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
Do not rely completely on information you get on any website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

Capriotti International Law

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


Consult with an immigration attorney to review your options.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


You should consult an immigration attorney. Your qualifications are a determining factor. Your skills must be exceptional or unique. Upgrading your qualifications by attending college in the USA is currently a very good option.


A number of your options depend on what your legal status in the U.S. is at this time. If you are here out of status, then your options are very limited. If you are in the U.S. with proper status, or if you are outside the U.S., then you may have a number of options available. It is best to consult with an Immigration attorney to discuss your specfic situation, and what options might work best for you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer