Skip to main content

How can I obtain a copy of my criminal file/record from a particular case that was sealed and expunged?

Miami, FL |

I had a misdemeanor case in Miami-Dade County about 7 years ago. It was sealed and expunged but I now need a copy of the final disposition paper. How can I obtain a copy of the court file relating to my case since it was sealed and expunged?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may be out of luck because an order of expungement requires the physical destruction of your file. However, if you had hired an attorney to get your expungement, you may be able to contact that attorney and inquire as to whether or not they have a copy of what you need.



I thought that FDLE kept one copy of the expunged case?


If the case was sealed you must file a motion to unseal the record, and then request the Court to immediately reseal the case after to have obtained the requested information.


Please see my previous answer in this duplicate question.

Derek Brett
The Brett Law Firm, P.A.
Orlando, Florida

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer