Skip to main content

How can I marry my fiancé due to his status?. What can we do in order for him to have some type of valid infortmation?

Atlanta, GA |

He told me that he didn't have any other identifiable information besides a passport that expired years ago.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you are looking for an identity document, like a valid passport, birth certificate or country issued ID contact the consulate/embassy of your fiance's home country here in the US - most have a main office in Washington DC and sometimes other offices throughout the country. Look for their web pages/contact information online. For example for Mexico - Then consult with an experienced Immigration attorney to discuss what immigration relief is available to your fiance.

This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


How do you get your fiancee some immigration papers would depend on a number of things including but not limited to your immigration status, how he came into the country and whether any grounds of inadmissibility would apply. I would suggest that you consult with an Immigration Attorney to see the best way to get your Immigration papers.


The valid information should be obtained on a consultation with a competent and experienced immigration attorney in Georgia. Look up Mr. Solovay there.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Any foreign national must have a currently valid document that permits him to enter in a lawful marriage, therefore, he can request his Consulate to issue him a new foreign passport in order to proceed with the marriage plan.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois