Skip to main content

How can I make a letter to help my friend brother who was detained by immigration . He ask me to write a letter asking

Southampton, NY |

To release him ??

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 4


You should speak with an attorney. He may be asking you to sign a bond for his release.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


True. Agree with my colleague completely. Best way to help your brother is have a consultation with an immigration attorney ASAP. Make use of the fact that you are in NY. We have many good immigration attorneys here.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


My colleagues are correct. Letters have little value. Talk to an immigration attorney first.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


A letter from a brother's friend is going to have little effect. The person needs an immigration attorney and that attorney should discuss what needs to be in an affidavit. My firm handles immigration matters in NY.
Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer