Skip to main content

How can I legally file an application for restoration of firearm rights in Pennsylvania ?

Philadelphia, PA |

In States V. Quintilian, No.75-438, 1997 WL 430973, at *2 states " Congress prohibits the expenditure of appropriated funds to investigate applications for restoration of firearm rights. If this is true, how can the state legally review an application under 18 Pa. C.S. Sec. 1605 if the Federal government lacks such authority ?

+ Read More

Filed under: Gun rights
Attorney answers 1


As a pratical matter without appropriated funds to investigate--the restoration for felons disabilities (specifically firearms) cannot happen. You can legally file using PA state processes, but you'll not get approval from the federal government until Congress appropriates money--which they have no intention of doing.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.