Skip to main content

How can I help my husband get a bond hearing without hiring an attorney?

Houston, TX |

I know my husband is eligible for a bond, I'm a perminate resident, his child is us citizen, my husband has a stable job which is waiting for him and the lease in the apartment we are renting is under his name along with utilities. He's also been here for over 10 yrs. I just can't afford an attorney and a cash bond. I know he will need an attoney for his hearing in May 2011 located in downtown Houston. please help I don't want him to lose his job and our home.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your husband, unless he is subject to "mandatory detention" for a serious criminal conviction, may request a bond hearing before an Immigration Judge.

Please see


Not hiring an attorney in this grave situation is outright foolish. Even if you are not able to afford an attorney there are some local immigration agencies that may have pro bono options to assign an innigration attorney. Good luck.


The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding.
Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction.
The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales.
Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues.
Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue.
For further inquiries please contact:
Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer