Skip to main content

How can I help my father get his papers ?

Greeley, CO |

My dad got deported 9 years ago and I was just wondering how can I help him get his papers on my behalf of being an American Citizen , he has 9 years he has been gone away from me. I am 15 now , and I just want to know what I can do to help him.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can sponsor him for a green card only after your 21st birthday.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You can sponsor your dad for a green card as soon as you become 21.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You may not be able to help your father get his papers till you turn 21, but does he have any other children who are U.S. citizens who are already 21? Perhaps they could help him.

Malathi Benjamin PLC
(626) 744 1750

This is not to be regarded as legal advice which can only be properly offered after a careful assessment of your case. Please consult with an experienced immigration attorney.