How can I have a record when I have never been arrested

Gering, NE |

I was not arrested at time of incident or issued a citation.I found out because someone did a background check. when they called me back I was told that I had a arraignment. I was not given anything that told me I had a court date. I called the court house to confirm that I had a court date and why I hadn't been notified. can they legally do this. thank you

While it seems unlikely, they may have just not served you. Best to get a lawyer to help resolve the problem. We do this for our clients.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one.

Typically, you would be mailed a Notice to Appear with the Court date in the letter. Is your address different from the one on your DL? You should speak to a local criminal defense attorney.

It seems there is more to your issue. You need to be served, but if you did not provide a correct address, they do not have the obligation to look for the correct address. If you don't appear, you will have a warrant issued for your arrest.

This is a unique situation. Not knowing the incident that is causing the court hearing you need to contact a criminal defense attorney in your locality. Should you fail to appear the court may issue a warrant for your arrest.