Skip to main content

How can I have a felony charge esponged from my record?

Lehighton, PA |

Judgement of Burglary in 1994 and all requirements have been satisfied.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

There are certain crimes that can be expunged after either 5 years or after you turn 21. You can also expunge section 17 probations and ARDs. Unfortunately you cannot expunge felonies. You may wish to pursue a govenor's pardon but they are expensive and there is no guarantee.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.


No, you can only expunge summary convictions after five years. Everything else unfortunately stays on your record. Your best course of action is to pursue a pardon, but that's very expensive and a long shot. Good luck!

(215)564-1634 work (215)849-2173 cell Montoya Shaffer, LLC 100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1216 Philadelphia, PA 19110


As already said, and I agree, the relief you seek is not obtainable. The only possible avenue would be a governor's pardon. Difficult, time consuming and not cheap.


An expungement here is only possible if you receive a Governor's Pardon or you have turned 70. You should contact an attorney who handles pardons to receive information on the process. It takes several years so you should start now.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer