Skip to main content

How can I handle a slip and fall claim?

Green Bay, WI |

I was 18 years old when this happened in 2011 and I have not been able to find a lawyer who is willing to take my case.I was going down the slide on a waterpark with my daughter. It was a kids slide about 5ft high. I had my legs first went down and at the end of the slide there is a matt, I didnt know the matt was lifted when I got to the bottom of the slide i hit both of my feet on the matt. I was in so much pain and Im still in so much pain now. I could not walk. I told the manager on duty.She gave me ice for my feet but didnt call an ambulance. I didnt go to the doctor right away because I didnt have insurance. I had no idea how to handle this my feet were bruised. Five months later I went to the doc he said it was beuse of this I have plantar ficitis.Insurance company is compromising.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You don't have much of a lawsuit because of the mechanism of injury, the delay in treatment and the time that has passed to perpetuate evidence as it existed on the day of the incident


Attorneys are not in the habit of refusing meritorious cases. If you have been turned down repeatedly perhaps you do nott have a meritorious case notwithstanding your sever injuries.

We can be reached at 215-545-2201 The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


The facts that you have provided do not support liability against the waterpark. Furthermore, the fact that you waited to treat your injuries will not help the situation. This, on top of the fact that you have not been able to find an attorney willing to take the case, leads to an assumption that this will be an uphill battle at best. If the water park insurance company wants to settle with you, it is always better to find an attorney to assist you with that, especially if there are any medical liens for your treatment. Also, be aware of the fact that you have three years, from the time of accident, too bring a general negligence claim against the park.


I'm sorry to hear about your injury. You should discuss this with a local personal injury attorney immediately. You attorney will be able to walk you through the process and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to make sure you get the treatment you need. This way, you will also be able to know that your best interests are being served, as opposed to the insurance company's. I suggest you find an attorney to represent you on this claim.

This answer is for information only. It does not constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship between Joseph A. Larson Law Firm PLLC and any receiver. This site is governed by a Site Use Agreement that you accept by reviewing these pages. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney.


You are not going to recover that much because of the way the incident occurred and your lack of seeking medical treatment right away. Keep trying to find an attorney. I suspect you will find one that will take it.

For more information, please visit


Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated lawyer with a low contingency fee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer