Skip to main content

How can I go about in getting my phone back from the police ? People are telling me different things. I'm so confused.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

The police took my phone from me this past March because I ended up finding some child pornography on the internet. I wasn't arrested or involved in it. They just took my phone for evidence. I been trying to get my phone back these past couple of months but every one is telling me something different. What can I do or how would I go about in getting my phone back ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Stop listening to 'everyone' and consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction. You MAY or MAY NOT be able to get the phone back depending on if charges are going to be brought and whether the DA needs the evidence on hand. Likely until you demand it back, it'll remain with the government.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.



What kind of attorney would I need for this type of case and how much is it for an attorney ?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer