Skip to main content

How can I go about getting the court to reinstate my drivers license, it was suspended due to unpaid child support.

Pensacola, FL |

I am trying to get my license reinstated that was suspended due to unpaid child support. I can't drive I can't work. Can I get the suspension lifted so that I can drive to and from work?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You must file a Motion for Reinstatement of Driver's License (which is a document) filed with the Court, and bring it for a hearing before the Judge or Judicial Hering Officer in charge of the case. You might expect to have to pay some sort of a fine (ex.: $300.00 to $500.00) after the judge or officer enters an order re-instating it. Then, you have to take the order to D.M.V. to get it re-instated.

Alejandro R. Lopez, Esq.
Law Office of Alejandro R. Lopez, P.A.,
2996 Edgewater Drive,
Orlando, Fla. 32804
Ph.: (407) 649-1404
Fax: (407) 649-9890
Electronic mail:
Practice areas:
Domestic relations,
Personal injury,
Immigration, and
Probate law.