Skip to main content

How can I go about getting a marriage annulment. As I was gathering my husband’s information to get divorced I run into my husba

Salt Lake City, UT |

I have contracted a lawyer to process my divorce. I was married for 9 years to a mentally abusive man. While I was gathering information for my divorce I run in to a note on my husband’s birth certificate which listed the place and name of the person he married in Mexico, before he married me. I had a friend in Mexico check this information, she did find and sent me a marriage certificate. As soon as I had the certificate, I took it to my lawyer, but he has not done anything with it. I found out from my 5 year old son that he is having a woman stay over with her children and her son bit him. I need to know if there is something else I can do. Please help. I really need a lawyer who can take care of this for me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


From the information you provided it sounds like your soon to be ex may have been married to another woman in Mexico at the time you were married? Are you asking if you can have your marriage annuled in Utah if your husband was still married at the time the two of you married? If that is the case, the answer is most likely yes.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer