Skip to main content

How can I get veterans benefits from asbestos poisoning when the VA is denying my claim?

Concord, NH |

I get lung related care due to asbestos exposure, but they claim zero percent disabling, I have a heart condition secondary to asbestos exposure,increased pleural plaques, a diagnosis of asbestosis and asthma. My appeal was denied in 08, I am far worse now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should immediately search google for an asbestos lawyer in your state, and call for a free consultation to discuss.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.


Asbestos related disease is often progressive, and a condition which is non-disabling at one point may be significantly disabling at a later time. You can likely refile your claim with an updated medical report. Asbestos related disease involves rights to compensation beyond VA benefits; depending on where and when you were exposed, there are likely several areas to look into. I suspect you are near or beyond the statute of limitations for some or all of these rights; and strongly suggest you contact a specialist in asbestos litigation as soon as possible. Free initial consultations are usually given, and you should have a fairly good idea of your rights after discussing your situation with an experienced lawyer.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Consult an experienced lawyer in your state for specific legal advice.


It is difficult to evaluate your case based on the limited information provided. Call an experienced injury attorney for a free consultation. CALL ASAP

Daniel Buttafuoco
Top Injury/Medical Malpractice Lawyer

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer