Skip to main content

How can I get the trial court to enforce its own order in a limited civil case.

Los Angeles, CA |

The court instructed one of the litigants to amend a writ within 10 days of its ruling on the the matter. Nonetheless, the party instructed to amend a previous writ issued in this case failed to do so within the time prescribed. Other than filing an appeal is there any other way to address this issue.

+ Read More

Filed under: Appeals Court orders
Attorney answers 3


There isn't sufficient information in your post to provide you with legal advice, and in any event, Avvo isn't a substitute for retaining your own attorney. Generally speaking, you can either file an objection or a noticed motion to bring the issue to the trial court's attention without having to file an appeal to the Appellate Division of the Superior Court.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.


Need more info. You could always file a motion to enforce the court order and move for sanctions.


You can bring an ex parte application to dismiss. If the party files an amended pleading first, you can move to strike it.