How can i get my sister out of my abusive (physical, sexual, etc) parents house and living with me without consent from them?

Eufaula, OK |

I am 18 Years old and my sister is about to turn 16 years old. Both us as a child was abused when were young and still getting abused. I cant say all that they have done to us but majority of it is Physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. The living condition for their house is so far out of hand and is an extremely dangerous to live in. I have and incredible amount of laws broken there. Anyway I need to know what i can do to get her out of that house and I dont want her to go through the stress of Foster Care so I want to also know what can I do to get her to live with me instead. Mother doesn't work and we get $1,600 a month for our father when he passed away. They don't work. They were living off of us. I need to help her before she gets extremely hurt or worse. Please help us. Thank You

You need to get her out. You should consider involving DHS and/or an Attorney.

Steven T. Mortimer
Oklahoma City, OK
(405) 517-3414 Direct

----- Reply message -----

No attorney client relationship is created by the above response. The above response if for general information only. Nothing in the responses should be construed as legal advice for any personal injury, workers' compensation, Social Security disability case, or any other type of case. While we provide legal services to those in Oklahoma, nothing can replace actual legal services provided by engaging an attorney.

I'm scared for her. What if she is put in a faster home? What if she is moved far away? Any ideas on how I can get her? Thank you for your help. It means a lot.

Steven Mortimer

Steven Mortimer

A foster home likely not available, but if you can show that you can care for her needs, then you may be able to be her guardian. Even then, what's worse, where she is or somewhere safe? This is a hard situation. Steven T. Mortimer Oklahoma City, OK (405) 517-3414 Direct ----- Reply message -----

Okay thanks for your input. Do you happen to know what all ill have to do to show i can take care of her?

Also If not me and this will sound weird but i woudlnt even mind if her boyfriend got her. Maybe emaciptated. He is very successful. Great job with good pay. he really takes care of her. Spends hundreds on her and I every month making sure we are taking care of. He is a really good guy. So maybe if i cant fit the guidlines maybe he can cause i trust him. Once again thank you for your help.

Steven Mortimer

Steven Mortimer

That you can provide her food, shelter, necessities of life. As well as her emotional needs. I do not foresee a minor being entrusted to the care of an boyfriend.

Okay thank you. you have been so helpful. Okay about him. I will use this advice as best as i can. he is the other thing. I live with her boyfriend cause when i turned 18 he wanted to get me out of there soon as possible and now we need to get her out of there as well. Between us we can all survive. I mean he covers pretty much all bills. doesnt charge me a thing cause he has it covered and wants us two girls to be taken care of. But thank you for your help. Means a lot.

Steven Mortimer

Steven Mortimer

You are welcome. You may want to call and talk with, get a free consultation, to get the best possible results.

I am a mom of three kids and if I can help you in any way I will. I had to take my kids out of an abusive situation. What have you been able to do so far?

Nothing so far. Just been trying to take care of her and keep her out of harm. Any advice?

She is alright for now. I just dont know how long that will last. I cant take all credit. Her boyfriend has easily spent thousands of dollars making sure she is fed, buys school stuff for her, and stuff like that. But I would really like any advice I can get. Anything?

Did you just post on another question as well? Please set up a safe email address and email me under ninniitaly@gmail.com I promise that I will try to help you and your sister. I can not promise that I can solve your problem, but I can promise that I will try to help you help her. I have enormous respect for you for looking out for your younger sister.