Skip to main content

How can I get my mentally ill homeless adult son committed? He is paranoid schizophrenic. He may be living in a tent in PA.

Augusta, GA |

He is 38. He is not on medication. He has voluntarily committed himself before but they let him out after a day sometimes. He has been on the streets in NYC and NJ for about 4 months. He says nothing is wrong with him. His father lives nearby in NYC. He may have warrants for 2 minor offenses which he never went to court for. He said he is staying at a camp ground in Bush Kill, PA. He is very, very ill and we are afraid he will hurt himself or others. Please let us know the steps and can this be done? We'd eventually like to get him into a group home but he first needs stabilization in a mental hospital. Also what about his court cases?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There would have to be action by a PA court. To get that underway, you will need a PA attorney. You can use the AVVO search to find an attorney under "probate" or "mental health" with a PA location near your son.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer