Skip to main content

How can i get my kids back from dfacs

Alto, GA |

dfacs took me and my children out of our home due to no water and power and it was suppose to been back on the next day so then it lead to me and my husbands dimestic violience from prior to this they put us in a shelter for battered women and dfacs put me on a safety plan and couldnt be around husband but i broke it by taking the kids to see him so they took my kids and put them with my sister they have been there for 2 months now and i have done what they told me to but they want let me have the kids back because my spouse will not cooperate they say drugs are involved with him but im having to take test for it and i want to know what i have to do to get my babies back with our family

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The simple answer is that you need to follow DFACS' safety plan. If that requires moving away from your spouse, you will have to do it. Moreover, you cannot take them to see him. DFACS does not trust you now that you have violated their safety plan. Therefore, you need to retain an attorney to help you with this matter. Court appointed attorneys are often available in deprivation matters for people who cannot afford one.


I agree with the previous answer - you should try to retain an attorney to help you. If a deprivation action has been filed, then you should be able to get an attorney appointed to represent you at no cost to you. Ask the battered women's shelter you went to if they can help you to make arrangements for an attorney. You may also want to ask the shelter about what kind of support they may have to help you in addressing your husband's violence towards you. If you do not have the phone number for the shelter, you can call 1-800-33-HAVEN and you will be connected with the shelter that serves the county from which you are calling. Good luck.

Shelley Senterfitt