How can I get my hands on a copy of my pre- sentence investigation?

Sour Lake, TX |

My wife is presently incarcerated in Texas & we've never been allowed to see a copy of this. Her case was a plea bargain.

The easiest way is to contact the criminal defense attorney involved in the case. In all Maryland and Virginia criminal cases that we handle,we are provided with a copy of the presentence report.

In Texas we are only allowed to read them. We are not allowed to retain copies. So I don't think you're ever going to see it.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

Ask her attorney, but how will it help if she already accepted a bargain?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.