Skip to main content

How can i get help i have no money to pay an attorney for my husband

Highland, CA |

I had posted about my husband having INS hold and what could happed .Well I investigated more on his statues he has been in California for more then 35 years. His dad is a US Citizen and mom Permanent resident all brothers and sisters US Citizens. all his kids are US citizens and he has no criminal charges or felonies. judge gave him 30 days for his 2 warrants for FTP and dismissed the case. well he did his time was told he would be released but instead they turned him over to ICE. i cant afford an attorney at the time since i take care of my baby who turned 1 in march and has some spin and neck problems along with 3 other children ages 6 and under. now i struggle to care for my home and kids. and trying to keep him from being deported. what can i do and where can i turn for help? please

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should check with your state's bar association to see if there are any pro-bono attorneys/organizations who can help you. You can also check the list of pro-bono services on

Camille Mackler

Information provided in this answer is for general informational purpose only. Legal advice changes for each specific case, and it is impossible to give accurate advice without having a consultation and examining all relevant documents. Additionally, no attorney-client relationship is created until a consultation has taken place and an agreement between us has been met regarding terms of representation, if any.


The USCIS page lists low-cost and free legal services.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation, telephonic or in-person, by an attorney experienced in immigration law. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.