Skip to main content

How can I get emancipated without parental consent?

Cartersville, GA |

Im a junior in high school, im 16 and well I don't live in a stable home environment, my mom is absolutely crazy, my dad is in jail for possesion and making of meth. Ive got a job and a place I can easily rent but i cant because i don't have parent consent to move out... i really need help... my mom wont let go and i just cant b here anymore. my new step dad isn't a great person either...i just i really need to figure this out it would be awesome if yall could help me out

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can file it without consent, but your parents could oppose it. It would the. Be up to he judge as to whether or not to grant it. Set an appointment with an attorney eh in your area to consult with them and find out what you would need to prove and what they think your chances are based on such circumstances And the judge who would handle your case.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP EMAIL:, OFFICES: 53 W. Candler St., Winder, Ga. 30680, 106 Washington Street, Jefferson, Ga. 30549, Or 718 Oak St. Gainesville, Georgia. PHONE: (770) 307-4899 or (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer