Skip to main content

How can i get custody of my grandson in Lafayette, LA

Lafayette, LA |

he has been living with me for six months and my son wants to take him back to new york.

+ Read More

Filed under: Child custody
Attorney answers 1


There are many detailed findings that must be made to determine what is in the best interest of the child in a custody case. The issues are sufficiently specific that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, for an attorney to give you a useful legal analysis by way of a summary posting on an internet site. I appreciate your concern. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you will need to obtain a consultation with an attorney to further explore the specific circumstances behind your question.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer