Skip to main content

How can I get copies of mother's tax returns? Until I see those taxes, then I can decide if I can file a motion to decrease CS

Morristown, NJ |

Fd case, 4 yrs old son. when CS award was calculated; mother presented a single pay stub under a diffirent name and SS# as proof of income. she is illegal and file no taxes. Judge was ok with it. then, she won a motion to have our son on her income taxes to get a fat refund from goverment. Since she is filling income taxes I want to file a motion and ask to see those taxes. I want to see her true income. In the motion form, ask me if I want to inc or dec my CS payments? I do not know what to select since I do not have no clue if she makes more or less $$ now. until I see the taxes n see her income I can not respond If i want a decrease. What do I need to select in this question? or should be a plain motion and not complete that section at all? Pls advise.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can request that she produce the tax returns as part of the CS adjustment proceedings. However, this is not typically do-it-yourself stuff. You should seriously consider retaining counsel for the proceedings.

Good luck.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California and handles federal tax matters throughout the U.S. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.


Mr. Nielsen has given you the correct answer. Hire him.