Skip to main content

How can I get back the money that was seized from me at the border crossing from Mexicali into Lexicon ?

Joshua Tree, CA |

Sept 2013 the border patrol seized money that I told them I had . It was $ 19 , 000 and I did not know that you could not bring more than $ 10 , 000 across the border . I gave them documentation proof that was my money . After trying to talk to them several times and was told not to call as it would not speed the process . I just received Feb 2013 a letter saying they were not giving the money back as I did not show " adequate account of source of the income " This money came from a property I sold and money my parents have wired to me on a monthly basis plus I did odd job in Mexico . I am a US citizen . I am not able to hold down a job and this is all the money I had .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire an attorney. It's not easy.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


Not all but yes. You need an attorney. They treat it us undeclared


You should hire an attorney to assist you.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer