Skip to main content

How can I get an employment authorization document?

Wichita, KS |

Nationality: Syrian - no other nationalities.

D.O.B: 1990

Residency: I have always lived in Syria but for the last year, I lived in the UK where I completed my postgraduate studies. UK visa type in non-immigrant student visa - it expires in Jan 2014). I have no residency permit in any country.

Education: Masters Degree - Entrepreneurship & Management (United Kingdom)

Date of most recent entry in the USA: 03/OCT/2013. I also visited the US last April for 10 days.
USA Visa type: a 2 year multiple entry B1/B2 tourism visa.

Parents are on TPS Syria
Sister has green card
One uncle and one aunt have US citizenship.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You are not eligible for an EAD if you are on a B-2 visa in the United States.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602


None of your relatives can be of any help at this point. Since you are still in valid status, you should talk to a attorney about how you can change your status.


You cannot work in the US if you are on a tourist visa.

There are visas which do allow you to work in the US, for example, an H-1B Visa, but they require that you have a sponsor/employer.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC,, 888-645-6272, , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer