Skip to main content

How can I get a wrongful conviction overturn?

Jamaica, NY |

I was accused on 3 counts of endangering the welfare of a child and 1 count of petit larceny. 2 counts of endangering and 1 count of larceny were plea down to disorderly conduct. I paid a fine for 1 count of endangering the welfare of a child and a fine for the plea. None of these allegations were correct. I was advise by council (provided by the state) to settle for these pleas. Now these convictions are affecting me from getting a job. It has been 10 years since this incident. How can I get my name cleared and allow me to get back my life.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


On these facts, it is extremely unlikely that you would be able to withdraw your guilty plea. It appears to have been knowing and voluntary, and it was a long LONG time ago.

On top of that, New York State does not expunge criminal records. Many other states do, but not New York. The disorderly conduct violation shouldn't be affecting your job opportunities, but the endangering conviction might be.

Obviously, nobody can advise you on an internet forum, and this is just general information. You might want to meet with a lawyer who has done this kind of work before, and explore all the facts to see if you have any options.

(This is not legal advice, and neither creates nor implies an attorney-client relationship.)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer